The purpose of the Vikette Corps at Valparaiso High School is to perform at major athletic events and parades in the area, to help promote school spirit wherever needed in the school and community, and also to develop self-discipline in young adults so that they may become more responsible.
1. Tryouts are held each spring for grades 9-11.
2. Students shall have at least a C (2.0) grade point average.
3. Students shall be in good standing with teachers, peers, and community.
Rules and Regulations
1. Vikettes are expected to practice 2 times per week in summer, football season and basketball season.
2. They must try to attend camp in summer. Squad Leaders must attend summer camp.
3. Punctuality is expected for rehearsals and performances. Tardiness will not be tolerated.
4. Attendance at all performances is mandatory. If there are any problems, the student must contact the choreographer ahead of time.
5. All Vikettes sit in a group at all major athletic events.
6. Every Vikette shall be subject to the coaches own rules that he/she has established regarding training, practices, curfews, and any other rules not covered by the above guidelines prior to the start of the season. These rules should be in writing so that there will be no misunderstanding on the part of the participants and their parents.
Penalty or Penalties for Violators
1. Any girl who does not cooperate with other members of the choreographer/coach will be ineligible to perform for one game. The Vikette must, however, show up in uniform and sit with the rest of the group.
2. An unexcused absence from practice or scheduled event will lead to sitting out one performance. A second will lead to the same. A third unexcused absence will cause dismissal from the corps.
3. Members who violate the Extracurricular Clubs and Activities Behavior Policy will receive penalties as stated in this Handbook.
Good citizenship is expected of all corps members at all times. Vikettes owe this to themselves, to the school and to the community they represent.