The Central Elementary faculty and staff, with the support of parents and community, recognize the needs of every child, establish a nurturing environment, and facilitate the development of lifelong learners. Opportunities are provided for students to think creatively, learn to make responsible decisions, and meet with academic success.
Prior to Roundup
Kindergarten Round Up!
April 17th and April 18th 2014
For Parents of Kindergartners of 2014-15
Each elementary will offer two identical meetings for roundup. Please choose the one that best fits your schedule. Children, who are entering kindergarten in the fall of 2014, and their parents, must make arrangements to attend. During the meeting, all students will be given an assessment.
The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, April 17, 2014 ● 9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. or 1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Central Elementary
- Flint Lake Elementary
- Hayes Leonard Elementary
- Memorial Elementary
Friday, April 18, 2014 ● 9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. or 1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Items to bring to registration
- Cooks Corners Elementary
- Northview Elementary
- Parkview Elementary
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary
- Copy of Child’s Official Birth Certificate
- Copy of Child’s Current Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency (Four documents are required)
- Home Owner: Mortgage papers or tax receipt, driver’s license, utility bill, and water bill
- Lease Home or Apartment: Lease agreement, driver’s license, mail (bill mailed to the home), utility bill or pay stub with current address
- Children must be five years old on or before August 1, 2014 to be eligible for the fall kindergarten class.
- You must live within the Valparaiso Community Schools boundaries to register.
- If you are unable to attend Kindergarten Roundup, please contact your home school.
- Below, select the school your child will attend in the fall. Then complete the information on the fill-in form and submit.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 8:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Wednesday Late Start - 9:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Central has been recognized as a
Four Star School
by the Indiana Department of Education!
Central Elementary School
305 Franklin St.
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Phone: (219) 531-3030
Fax: (219) 531-1251