Parkview Elementary School was named for the fact that it borders the southeast corner of Kirchoff Park. The school was built in 1956 as a small neighborhood school containing a multipurpose room and one classroom for each grade level K-6. In 1985 a new media center, office area, and nine classrooms were added. During the summer of 1994, the older section of the school was made more energy efficient and retrofitted with new windows. Air conditioning, a video distribution, and computer networking were also installed throughout the building.