Our school uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information, we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using School Messenger’s Contact Manager web site. Contact Manager allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
- Browse to the following School District web page: http://contactme.schoolmessenger.com/newportaluser.php?u=valpo and click the “Set up my contact preferences link” located at the top of the page.
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a confirmation code and a link to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve confirmed your account, you’re ready to add your child/children to your account. Click the button to begin. Select the second option (have activation code). Then you will enter your child's Unique ID number and activation code. The Unique ID number and activation code can be located at the top of this letter.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
If you have multiple children attending different schools in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account. Simply repeat step 5 for each additional child. Each child will have a different activation code.
Thank you for signing up, and we hope you enjoy the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager!