February 20, 2022 Updated Control Measures
Dear VCS Families and Staff,
I hope that the extended long weekend finds you well! As we look forward to returning to school on Tuesday, February 22, I wanted to update you on the recently revised control measures published and announced by the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH).
Based on these revisions, VCS will no longer quarantine students who have been exposed to a positive Covid-19 case, regardless of vaccination status or whether students wear masks. In addition, VCS will not contact trace or report positive Covid-19 cases to the IDOH.
The IDOH further states that anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 should isolate for 5 days and return to school on day 6, as long as symptoms have improved and they have been without a fever for 24-hours or more.
For more information, please visit coronavirus.in.gov.
Partners in Education,
Jim McCall, PhD
Superintendent of Schools
Please note the following:
- VCS will continue to encourage frequent hand washing/sanitizing in addition to other layered mitigation protocols.
- Masks will still be required on school buses due to the federal transportation mandate still in effect.
- Keep your child home from school if:
- They are not feeling well and exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
- Your child has been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 outside of school and they are exhibiting symptoms
- You are waiting for COVID-19 test results for your child; or
- Your child tests positive for COVID-19
- Avoid attending large gatherings if you are ill and exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Practice healthy habits, including frequent hand-washing and covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.