Great Schools in a Great Community
Valparaiso Community Schools (VCS) is a K-12 public school corporation serving ~6,500 students in Valparaiso, Indiana. Twelve total schools make up VCS, including 8 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 alternative school and 1 high school. Our VCS Team consists of ~700 staff members, including teachers, teacher’s aides, guidance counselors, social workers, administrators and support staff.
Located in Valparaiso, Indiana, a growing community located in “The Region" just 50 miles southeast of Chicago, IL, "Valpo" is home to over 32,000 residents and serves as a hub for an additional 15,000 living in surrounding areas. Valparaiso is the seat of Porter County, which has the 7th highest per capita income in the State of Indiana and is one of the few counties in Indiana with a growing population, totaling over 160,000. This makes Porter County the 9th largest county by population in Indiana.
Why we Exist - Our Goal:
"To empower students and staff to pursue personal excellence while developing Empathy, Integrity, and Perseverance."
What we Believe - Our Foundation:
- Integrity - acting with honesty, fairness, and transparency
- High Expectations - expecting the best from students and staff
- Respect - respect for others and ourselves
- Safety - creating an environment that is safe, secure, and comfortable for everyone
- Community - being an active member of our community
- Student-Centered - every decision is based on what is best for the students
How we Conduct Ourselves - Our Actions:
- Be Visible
- Be Positive
- Follow Through