Kindergarten at VCS
This is the place to find important information & resources for families of incoming Kindergarteners at Elementary Schools across Valparaiso Community Schools.
WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
Before you begin, please note:
Children must be five (5) years old on or before August 1, 2023, to be eligible for the fall Kindergarten class.
You must live within the Valparaiso Community Schools boundaries to register.
There are three main steps and some key dates for signing up your Kindergartener.
- ENROLL (by March 31)
- VISIT (May 2 or 3)
- REGISTER (prior to school)
EXISTING VCS FAMILIES
- Log in to your Skyward Family Access
- Click on New Student Online Enrollment tab found on the left side of the screen to add your incoming Kindergarten student
- Fill out application information (6 steps). Make sure to click “Submit” after step 6.
NEW TO VCS?
- Begin Enrollment now!
- Click on New Student Online Enrollment (Including Kindergarten) link
- Request an account
- Follow the link in the email sent with password credentials
- Log into your new Skyward Family Access account
- Click on New Student Online Enrollment tab found on the left side of the screen
- Begin Enrollment Process (6 steps). Make sure to click “Submit” after step 6
After completing the enrollment process, schools will contact parents via email providing a link they will use to sign-up for a specific date & time for your visit.
Items to bring to the in person visit if not submitted during enrollment process
- Copy of Child’s Official Birth Certificate
- Copy of Child’s Current Immunization Record
- Additional health forms (link to forms)
Proof of Identity
- Valid Driver's License or State ID
Proof of Residency (Homeowner - 2 of the following)
- Utility Bill
- Deed, Contract, or Mortgage Statement
- Porter County Tax Bill
Rent or Lease Home or Apartment
- Lease / Rental Agreement (including dates) and one of the following:
- Utility Bill
- Vehicle Registration
- TANF letter from State of Indiana
- Other Mail(i.e. Bank Statement, Telephone Bill, Tax Return)
Copy of custody documents or divorce decrees
Copy of IEP or 504 if applicable
You will complete the process by Registering (via Skyward) prior to the start of the school year.
OTHER WEBSITES TO VISIT