Accident Reporting

Employee Accident/Incident Reporting:
Workers Compensation Protocol:
All injuries regardless of severity must be reported within 24 hours per OSHA guidelines. 
Severe Injuries that result in death, loss of body part, amputation, or hospitalization must be
reported within 8 hours.

Who Do I Contact If I Have a Work-Related Injury?
If you are a VCS employee: 
Please contact your school nurse and building administrator of any injury immediately.  Once you have reported the injury, your school nurse or building supervisor will enter the information inside our risk navigation website. You will then be given an authorization form to take to NW Health so they can evaluate your injury and determine the next appropriate step in your care. 
All forms given to the employee from NW Health- or any other medical facility- must be given to Omi Suiter, within 24-48 hours, to ensure the Worker's Compensation claim will be properly updated.  Employees who seek medical attention on their own, without notifying their supervisor first of the injury, could be responsible for all medical expenses incurred.  
Life-Threatening injuries should be dealt with immediately by calling 911. Direct Supervisors
should still be notified as soon as possible.

For exposure to body fluids or blood, notify your supervisor to ensure it is properly disposed of.
Any remaining Workers Compensation Questions should be directed to the Benefits Coordinator. Our workers' compensation carrier is United Heartland Insurance; they can be reached by phone at 800-258-2667.
If you are a PCES employee who has an injury:
Contact Quinn Van Rys at 219-464-9607
Fax Incident Reports to Quinn Van Rys at (219) 464-0535
Email Quinn Van Rys at
Northwest Health
Hours of operation:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Location: (near Ivy Tech and Meijer)
1251 Eastport Centre Dr. Suite B
Valparaiso, IN 46383