Please note: If you have moved or are temporarily away and have a different address,
please notify us as soon as possible. It is very important that we are able to contact you.
Please, call the Administration Building at (219) 531-3000 or you can e-mail Haley Jones at [email protected].
Blood Profiles
Employment Opportunities for Retired Teachers: 
Valparaiso University is looking for Retired Teachers to serve as Field Supervisors for Student Teachers.  Please click the link for more information.  If interested, contact Doug Wassiliak.  
Thinking about returning to VCS after you've already retired?
Please, read about your in-service withdrawals first!
St. Mary's Medical Center 
Members and dependents enrolled in our Anthem health plan can now receive walk-in services at the Immediate Care Center. 
We now have two locations to visit:
  • 3800 St. Mary Drive Valparaiso, IN
  • 1451 West Morthland Drive Valparaiso, IN
2024 Health and Dental Rates

Anthem Health Summary of Benefits

Anthem Claim Forms
Sydney- Anthem's Mobile App
Need help finding a doctor? Need a copy of your Anthem ID card? Wondering about one of your claims?  Would you like to text, chat, or video to meet with providers for Primary Care? 

This information is at your fingertips once you download the Sydney App to your phone.
Click Here for the Sydney App Link
You can visit for more information about your health coverage. 
You can also call member services at 833-639-1637.
Delta Dental Plan
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I'm turning 65 on June 8. When is my last payment for my insurance premiums?

A: Your VCS insurance would terminate the last day of the month before your 65th birthday month.  With the above question, your last insurance payment would be in May and your Medicare coverage would begin June 1st.  (The first day of the month of your 65th birthday) Your dental coverage works the same way, it would terminate the last of the month before your 65th birthday month. You'll need to be sure to contact INHRA (VEBA) to cancel any automatic reimbursements sent to Valparaiso Community Schools on your behalf for your health and dental payments. 

Q: I'm turning 65, what about my spouse who is younger than me?

A: Spouses younger than 65 can continue on your health plan until their 65th birthday month.
Please contact Nicole Biehn, the Human Resources and Benefits Coordinator, at 219-531-3000, if you have any questions.
Indiana HRA & Bridge Severance
If you receive a bridge as part of your severance this year, the money is deposited on October 30th. If your insurance is paid to the school directly through your INHRA (VEBA), please contact Indiana HRA at 888-711-9182 to ensure your account has been activated for the remainder of the year. Each year, you must submit a new claim form to start your direct deposit.

Indiana HRA Automatic Premium Reimbursement Form 
Use this form to set up your monthly health and dental payments to go directly to VCS or to you personally.